Winspace Lún HYPER SE 38mm Rim Brake Wheelset
The most affordable HYPERs ever.
The most affordable entry point to the HYPER line-up, with all the important features of our HYPER wheels such as carbon spokes, a filament-wound rim, tubeless-ready out of the box, and more.
HYPER performance, SPECIAL price.
Based off our hugely-successful, critically acclaimed, race winning HYPER2020 wheels, the HYPER SE range offers our biggest value for money ever. We’re able to use economies of scale and a few tweaks to the components to reduce costs and allow us to offer this amazing performance wheelset for just $1000.
Steel bearings as standard.
The main difference between the original 2020 HYPERs is the bearings. We switched out our premium ceramic bearings for more economical steel units. One other change is to the rim. The rim features a more dialed-down appearance. A thin layer of paint mostly covers the butterfly weave but it’s still there if you look closely.
Performance for the masses.
The HYPER SE demonstrates our commitment to bringing race-winning performance to the masses. The $1000 USD price point offers unmatched value to consumers. The offering of a steel-bearing option on a performance wheels is the result of our listening to your feedback.
Work less overtime, do more racing.
It would be great to ride your bike all day, but alas, most of us have to actually work for a living. (No offense, pro cyclists) By offering the HYPER SE at this price point, we hope our customers can spend less time working overtime to pay for bike parts, and more time training out on the road. Win win.
Spread the Love!
Help us make the HYPER SE a success so we can show the industry as a whole that consumers still care about value and won’t accept constant rising of prices. If you have a friend looking for a set of wheels, why not give him our recommendation. Let’s put a stop to the constant price creep of the bike industry and show that value is as important as ever.
- – 38mm , 50mm or 65mm tall filament-wound rim with 26mm external and 19mm internal rim width. Filament winding puts the carbon’s strength where it’s needed allowing crucial weight savings in non-essential areas.
- – Tubeless-ready hooked rim bead-seat supports tubeless tires from 23-45mm. Tested with Schwalbe Pro One, Continental GP5000 TL., etc.
- – High-temperature resistant, high-friction braking surface on rim brake versions.
- – Light coating of black paint and non-removable HYPER decals.
- – Carbon fiber spokes with excellent strength to weight ratio weighing 2.6g per spoke.
- – Aerodynamic profile for decreased air resistance.
- – Rear wheel : 2:1 spoke lacing on rear wheels. 21 spokes.
- – Front wheel : 2:1 spoke lacing on disc brake wheels, 21 spokes. Radial lacing on rim brake wheels, 16 spokes.
- – Bespoke engineered Winspace hubs.
- – Over-sized 17mm central axles.
- – Supplied with standard Shimano compatible 11s freewheel body.
- – SRAM XDR Compatible Driver or Campagnolo compatible also available.
- – Bicycle specific performance steel bearings.
- – Compatibility: Disc brake versions compatible with F:12×100 R:12×142 thru-axles.
Actual listed weights as follows:
- – 38mm rim brake: 1277g.
- – 50mm rim brake: 1364g.
- – 65mm rim brake: 1498g.
- – 38mm disc brake: 1404g.
- – 50mm disc brake: 1470g.
- – 65mm disc brake: 1628g.
- – All weights are supplied for fully built wheelsets consisting of rims, spokes, nipples, hubs, bearings and freehub assembly and are subject to 25g of variance per wheel.
- – Compatible with regular clincher tires with innertubes.
- – Compatible with tubeless-ready tires from leading manufacturers.
- – When using tubeless tires do not exceed 100psi for riding. (Upto 120psi may be required to initially seat the tire) 100psi is plenty for road tubeless.
- – Tire pressures should decrease as sizes increase. EG: 30mm tire no more than 85psi, 35mm tire no more than 60psi, 40-45mm tire no more than 40psi.
The system limit (Rider + bike + luggage, etc.) is 135kg. However, riders above 95kgs should regularly inspect their wheels or get a qualified bike mechanic to do so.
- – rim brake versions: Wheels, QR Skewers, Tubeless Rim Tape, Tubeless Valves, Valve Extenders where needed, Brake Pads.
- – disc brake versions: Wheels, Tubeless Rim Tape, Tubeless Valves, Valve Extenders where needed.
We stand by all our products and offer a 2 year warranty on our Hyper wheels.
This wheelset carries a limited warranty of two (2) years from the date of purchase to the original owner only. Unless otherwise stated, the sole remedy under this warranty or any implied warranty is limited to the replacement of defective parts with thos of equal or greater value at the sole discretion of Winspace. Winspace will not be responsible for any direct, incidental or consequential damages, including, without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, product liability or any other theory. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear on parts in situations where there are no material defects. This warranty does not cover consumable components including brake pads, spokes, rim tapes, bearings, etc.
Frequently asked questions
Will they fit my front fork?
In order to extract maximum performance out of our wheelset and get the most of the mechanical advantage that carbon spokes bring our HYPER wheels are designed with a rather large hub flange for the spokes. This is a common practice amongst many high performance wheelsets. There are noissues of compatibility for rim brake wheels, and there are no issues of compatibility with mainstream brands. The only possible issues are with very rare disc brake forks that feature oddly shaped dropouts. In these cases; make sure the inner face of your fork is flat and does not feature ‘recessed dropouts’ as in the left-most example below. Most forks on the market feature standard ‘in-line’ drop outs and we have tested our wheels with many forks, but it is impossible for us to test with every fork out there, If you want to be 100% sure, we have a 1:1 scale cutout of our hub you can print-out and check. Download it by clicking the image below.