SEKA Aero Road Frameset | EXCEED – Ink Black
EXCEED is a fully integrated aerodynamic frame, fork and handlebar combination which has been designed to slice through the air with the minimum of watts from the rider.
- Two aerodynamic frame options – standard and the lighter RDC
- High performance composite processes to ensure stiff, light and compliant frame
- One piece handlebar included to ensure the lowest system drag
- Fully integrated cable routings for both mechanical and electronic shifting
- 2 eye catching finishes available
- Weight – 953g (Medium unpainted)
HPC – HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPOSITE
It is not just the material but how you derive the path from setting product goals to achieving them.
The HPC process starts with a high-quality carbon fibre materia. We have development engineers with over 10 years of experience with this material and they set stringent product targets to aim for. Then we use Finite Element Analysis (FEA) which is the virtual modelling of stress within the frame and combine this with laboratory tests and road tests. From this we optimise the combination of carbon lay ups, tube cross-section, and geometric features to create a balanced solution in terms of rigidity, compliance, and weight.
HPC is applied to the whole process of design, simulation analysis, production, testing until the final product hits the road. It is the SEKA designers, development engineers, test riders, production workers consistent adherence to this concept that gets the SEKA products under your legs to enjoy and set your own new records.
ATS – ASYMMETRIC TRANSMISSION STRUCTURE
The frame has several areas which are asymmetric – bottom bracket, fork, chain stay and bottom of the seat tube. By using different tube types, material lay ups in the higher stress areas the SEKA team have managed to balance the forces between left and right side of the frame and fork. This improves the overall transmission efficiency and helps build a more stable and balanced structure.
The NACA tube shapes have been brought together by a team of talented engineers continuously optimising through the use of CFD (computational fluid dynamics) software. This allows many virtual simulations to be run before the first prototype frame is produced.
By optimising the material usage and layups the weight can be kept low but still ensuring it exceeds the stringent requirements of the ISO standards. For example one of the ISO4210-6 tests requires 100,000 cycles of 120N at 120 times per minute and this exceeded by 20%. The optimisation results in a head tube stiffness of 143N/mm and a bottom bracket stiffness of 215N/mm which results in more power from each pedal stroke going to the road.
One piece handlebar
The frame is delivered with a one piece handlebar which includes fully internal routing for mechanical and electronic shifting. Full integration contributes to the watt saving aerodynamic ability of the bike but also makes it look very clean from a purely aesthetic perspective. The one piece handlebar is only 325g in weight and available in 10 sizes which means everyone can find the right fit. An optional CNC machined bike computer mount is available for continue the clean lines.
Available in 90/380, 90/400, 100/380, 100/400, 100/420, 110/380, 110/400, 110/420, 120/400, 120/420, 130/380, 130/400, 130/420
FGS – FUNCTIONAL GEOMETRY SYSTEM
We combined our knowledge of ergonomics and bike fitting into the frame geometry. By analysing the characteristics and habits of most cyclists we have optimised the cockpit space. The larger the stack to reach value the larger angle of the handlebar, so you can abandon the extra stem spacers, giving more rigidity to the head tube (and it looks simpler and cleaner as well). The principals of the FGS will help you to better realise “human to bike integration” and that results in comfort and speed.
The geometry table shows the 5 sizes XS to XL. With 2 fork lengths creates 2 different rake angles and and some careful engineering the handling of all the sizes has been optimised to be very close. To further improve your fit there are 13 handlebar options (-8 degrees) and 2 seatpost options (0mm and -15m).
- Frameset weight(size M unpainted): 953g – Paint and fittings adds approximately 101g
- Front fork weight: 370g
- Seat post weight: 165g
- Seat post: 0mm setback and -15mm setback Please make a note of the seatpost in the notes when you order
- Integrated handlebar: 13 sizes
- Integrated handlebars weight: (400mm-100mm) 325g
- Handlebar angle: -8 Degrees
- Bottom Bracket: T47
- Frame is delivered with: integrated handlebar, seat post, all the internal routing hardware for mechanical and electronic shifting, garmin and wahoo out front mount
- UCI certificate: SEKA EXCEED is officially certified by the UCI to compete in all UCI events
- Warranty: Frame = Lifetime, Fork = 5 years, Handlebars = 2 years