Ratio Technology 1×12 Wide Upgrade Kit – Rear Cable Exit
This upgrade kit allows you to pair 11 speed mechanical SRAM shifters with a 12 speed Eagle™ derailleur and cassette. This is the neatest solution on the market, giving you all the performance advantages of a wide-range 1×12 drivetrain on a gravel, road or touring bike without the expense of electronic shifting.
Thanks to the rear-exit cable stop, this kit is compatible with all frame cable routing variations.
For more information on compatibility, check our guide.
COMPATIBLE: Eagle™ derailleurs from the X01™ or XX1™ groups.
NOT COMPATIBLE: Eagle™ derailleurs from the SX™, NX™ and GX™ (the cable pulley is riveted in place).
View our Support and FAQs here
As cyclists, we design the products we want on our bikes. The Ratio 12-Speed Upgrade Kit allows you to operate an Eagle™ derailleur with your existing SRAM 11-speed shifters, gaining an unbeatable 500% or 520% range and 12 evenly spaced gears on your gravel, road or touring bike. For reference, a traditional 50/34 compact chainset with 11-28 cassette provides only 374% range.
In your kit you will find:
- Ratio 12-speed ratchet, with shift spacing specially designed for Eagle™ derailleurs
- Ratio cable fin, replacing the existing cable fin on an Eagle™ derailleur
- Ratio rear-facing cable stop with adjuster, routing the cable out of the back of the derailleur for compatibility with all frame designs
- Cable Stop fitting screw
- Spare cable fin circlip
- M2.5 screw for shifter ratchet replacement
- Ratio chainstay sticker
To use this kit you will need:
- SRAM 11-speed shifters from the Red™, Force™, Rival™ or Apex™ groups or the 10-speed S-700 shifters.
- An Eagle™ derailleur from the XX1™ or X01™ groups. GX™ derailleurs are NOT COMPATIBLE with the cable stop as the cable pulley is riveted in place – you can find a pre-fitted GX™ derailleur in our 1×12 Wide Upgrade Kit + Rear Exit SRAM GX™ Derailleur. The kit is NOT COMPATIBLE with SX™ and NX™ derailleurs as the cable fins on these derailleurs are riveted in place.
- A SRAM Eagle™ 12 speed cassette. We can’t confirm that aftermarket cassettes will perform properly with your drivetrain.
- A 12 speed chain for SRAM Eagle™ drivetrains.
- A 1×12 speed compatible chainring.
To fit your ratchet to SRAM shifters for hydraulic brakes, see the following video*:
To fit your ratchet to SRAM shifters for cable brakes, see the following video*:
NOTE: On some older shifters, the reach adjuster will not spin freely when it bottoms out. Stop turning the reach adjuster screw as soon as you encounter resistance.
To fit your cable fin to an Eagle™ derailleur, see the following video*:
To fit your Rear Exit Cable Stop to an Eagle™ derailleur, see the following guide*: