Ratio Technology 1×12 Wide Upgrade Kit – Forward Cable Exit
This upgrade kit allows you to pair 11 speed mechanical SRAM shifters with a 12 speed Eagle™ derailleur and cassette. This is the neatest solution on the market to gaining all the performance advantages of a wide-range 1×12 drivetrain on a gravel, road or touring bike without the expense of electronic shifting.
You can fit this kit if your chain stay/seat stay cable stop is over 70 mm from the dropout. If it is under 70 mm from the dropout you’ll need the 1×12 Upgrade Kit – Rear Cable Exit. For more information on kit compatibility, check our compatibility guide.
View our Support and FAQs here.
As cyclists, we design the products we want on our bikes. The Ratio 12-Speed Upgrade Kit allows you to operate an Eagle™ derailleur with your existing SRAM 11-speed shifters, gaining an unbeatable 500% or 520% range and 12 evenly spaced gears on your gravel, road or touring bike. For reference, a traditional 50/34 compact chainset with 11-28 cassette provides only 374% range.
IMPORTANT: To fit this kit your chain stay or seat stay derailleur cable stop must be over 70mm from the centre of the dropout. For those bikes where it is less than 70mm choose our 1×12 Wide Upgrade Kit – Rear Cable Exit.
In your kit you will find:
- Ratio 12-speed ratchet, with shift spacing specially designed for Eagle™ cassettes
- Ratio cable fin, replacing the existing cable fin on an Eagle™ derailleur
- Ratio cable adjuster, providing indexing ability on a mountain bike derailleur
- Spare cable fin circlip
- M2.5 screw for shifter ratchet replacement
- Ratio chainstay sticker
To use this kit you will need:
- SRAM 11-speed shifters from the Red™, Force™, Rival™ or Apex™ groups or the 10-speed S-700 shifters.
- An Eagle™ derailleur from the XX1™, X01™ or GX™ groups. The kit is NOT COMPATIBLE with SX™ and NX™ derailleurs as the cable fins on these derailleurs are riveted in place.
- A SRAM Eagle™ 12 speed cassette. We can’t confirm that aftermarket cassettes will perform properly with your drivetrain.
- A 12 speed chain for SRAM Eagle™ drivetrains.
- A 1×12 speed compatible chainring.
To fit your ratchet to SRAM shifters for hydraulic brakes, see the following video*:
To fit your ratchet to SRAM shifters for cable brakes, see the following video*:
NOTE: On some older shifters, the reach adjuster will not spin freely when it bottoms out. Stop turning the reach adjuster screw as soon as you encounter resistance.
To fit your cable fin to an Eagle™ derailleur, see the following video*:
*Please note that modifying these components may void the original SRAM warranty. Ratio Technology Limited is in no way linked to SRAM LLC