Ratio Technology 1×12 Wide Ratchet and Cage Kit
This kit is designed to allow 1×11 SRAM riders to upgrade to wide range 1×12 more easily than ever.
Pair this kit with your SRAM Force 1™, Rival 1™ or Apex 1™ mechanical shifters, derailleur and a wide range cassette with up to 52T for low cost mullet gearing for your gravel or road bike. If you’re not sure which kit or parts you need, please check our Kit Guide.
This cage & jockey wheel combination allows you to increase the capacity of your SRAM Force 1™, Rival 1™ or Apex 1™ mechanical rear derailleur in order to use it with a cassette with up to 52 teeth. The Ratio 1×12 Wide Ratchet converts your shifter to 12 speed to use with wide range cassettes.
In this kit you will find:
- 1×12 Wide Ratchet for SRAM 11 and 10 speed road shifters (see our guide for shifter compatibility), with spacing specifically designed for SRAM Eagle cassettes
- 52 tooth capacity derailleur cage for all SRAM road 1x derailleurs (you can use SRAM MTB 1×11 and 1×12 derailleurs too with our Cable Fin)
- 12t upper, 14t lower Delrin jockey wheels for smooth, quiet running, CNC machined by Ratio in the Lakes
- Stainless Enduro jockey wheel bearings with labyrinth seals
- 7075 aluminium cage plates, CNC machined by Ratio in the Lakes
- Stainless cage hardware
- Cage weight: 81g (SRAM GX Lunar 85g)
- Ratchet replacement screw
To use this kit you will need:
- SRAM 11 or 10 speed shifters from the Red™, Force™, Rival™ or Apex™ groups
- SRAM Force 1™, Rival 1™ or Apex 1™ mechanical rear derailleur
- A compatible wide range 12 speed cassette
- A 12 speed chain for SRAM Eagle™ drivetrains
- A 1×12 compatible chainring
- A Ratio Cable Spool (necessary only for applicable 10 speed shifters – find out more)
To fit your ratchet to SRAM shifters for hydraulic brakes, see the following video*:
To fit your ratchet to SRAM shifters for cable brakes, see the following video*:
NOTE: On some older shifters, the reach adjuster will not spin freely when it bottoms out. Stop turning the reach adjuster screw as soon as you encounter resistance.
*Please note that modifying these components may void the original SRAM warranty. Ratio Technology Limited is in no way linked to SRAM LLC