Ratio Technology 2×12 Road Upgrade Kit
This upgrade kit allows you to pair SRAM 11 speed mechanical shifters and 2x-specific SRAM Exact Actuation* derailleur with a 12 speed SRAM eTap AXS* cassette and 12 speed SRAM Flattop* chain. You’ll gain all the advantages of greater gear range and closer gear ratios without the expense or weight of electronic shifting.
The Ratio 2×12 Road Upgrade Kit allows you to operate a SRAM eTap AXS* 12 speed road cassette and 12 speed SRAM Flattop* chain with your existing SRAM 11 speed mechanical road shifters and 11 speed 2x-specific SRAM Exact Actuation* rear derailleur.
Using a 2×12 Road Upgrade Kit gives you the following advantages:
- Greater gear range and/or closer gear ratios than 11 speed
- Lower cost than wireless electronic. Save $1786 on a SRAM Force* disc build; $1170 saving on a SRAM Force* rim brake build
- Lower weight. Save 382g on a SRAM Force* disc build & 222g on a SRAM Force* rim brake build
- No batteries to keep charged
- The reliability and serviceability of mechanical shifting
The price calculation is based upon SRPs for all components. It assumes that the purchaser already owns the SRAM shifters and derailleur required to use the kit.
The weight calculation is based upon comparing Ratio/SRAM Rival 1* to SRAM Rival eTap AXS* and Ratio/SRAM Force 1* to SRAM Force eTap AXS*
In your kit you will find:
- Ratio 12 speed Road ratchet, with shift spacing specially designed for SRAM AXS* 12 speed road cassettes
- Ratio 11 tooth jockey wheels with stainless Enduro bearings and labyrinth seals, specifically designed for SRAM Flattop* 12 speed chains & 2x-specific SRAM road rear derailleurs
- M2.5 screw for shifter ratchet replacement
To use this kit you will need:
- SRAM 11 speed road shifters from the Red*, Force*, Rival* or Apex* groups (22 series 2×11)
- SRAM 2x-specific 11 speed rear derailleur from the Red*, Force*, Rival* or Apex* groups (22 series 2×11)
- SRAM 2x front derailleur from the Red*, Force*, Rival* or Apex* groups (22 series 2×11)
- A 12 speed SRAM eTap AXS* cassette from the Red*, Force* or Rival* groups
- A 12 speed SRAM Flattop* chain from the Red*, Force* or Rival* groups
- Chainrings compatible with the SRAM Flattop* 12 speed chain
- A SRAM XDR* freehub
How is this kit different to the 1×12 Road Upgrade kit?
The 1×12 & 2×12 Road Upgrade kits are very similar; they both use a 12 speed Road ratchet. However, the 2×12 kit uses 11T jockey wheels, specifically designed for SRAM 2x-compatible rear-derailleurs whereas the 1×12 kit has 12T Jockey wheels.
All products we offer for sale on our website are Ratio Technology products unless stated otherwise. All third-party products, company names and logos remain the property of their respective holders and use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
To fit your ratchet to SRAM shifters for hydraulic brakes, see the following video**:
To fit your ratchet to SRAM shifters for cable brakes, see the following video**:
NOTE: On some older shifters, the reach adjuster will not spin freely when it bottoms out. Stop turning the reach adjuster screw as soon as you encounter resistance.
* Ratio Technology Limited is not in any way affiliated with, sponsored or endorsed by SRAM, LLC.
AXS®, DoubleTap®, eTap®, SRAM®,SRAM APEX®, SRAM EAGLE®, SRAM FORCE®, SRAM RED®, SRAM RIVAL®, X0®, X01®, XX1® are registered trade marks owned by SRAM, LLC. Eagle™, Exact Actuation™, GX™, NX™, SRAM APEX 1™, SRAM Force 1™, SRAM RIVAL 1™, S-series™, SX™, WiFLi™, X-Actuation™, XD™, XDR™, XPLR™, XX™, Zero Loss™ are trademarks of SRAM, LLC.
** Please note that modifying these components may void the original SRAM warranty.