Ratio Technology 12 Speed Road Ratchet
This ratchet allows you to pair 10 or 11 speed mechanical SRAM shifters and a 1x-specific Exact Actuation™ derailleur with a 12 speed eTap™ AXS™ cassette and chain. You’ll gain all the advantages of greater gear range and closer gear ratios without the expense or weight of electronic shifting.
NOTE: You will need to replace your 11 speed jockey wheels with SRAM eTap™ AXS™ compatible ones. We offer some in our 1×12 Road Upgrade kit.
The Ratio 12 Speed Road Ratchet allows you to operate a SRAM eTap™ AXS™ 12 speed cassette and chain with your existing SRAM road 10 or 11 speed shifters and 1x-specific Exact Actuation™ derailleur.
Using a 1×12 Road kit gives you following advantages:
- Greater gear range and/or closer gear ratios than 11 speed
- Lower cost than wireless electronic. Save $1800 on a Force™ build; $800 saving on a Rival™ build
- Lower weight. Save 160g on a Force™ build; 220g on a Rival™ build
- No batteries to keep charged
- The reliability and serviceability of mechanical shifting
In your kit you will find:
- Ratio 12 Speed Road ratchet, with shift spacing specially designed for AXS™ 12 speed cassettes
- M2.5 screw for shifter ratchet replacement
- Ratio chainstay sticker
To use this ratchet you will need:
- SRAM 10 or 11 speed road shifters. If using 10 speed shifters you will also need a cable spool available separately here
- SRAM 1x derailleur from the Force 1™, Rival 1™ or Apex 1™ groups
- SRAM eTap™ AXS™ compatible jockey wheels. We offer some in our 1×12 Road Upgrade kit
- A SRAM 12 speed eTap™ AXS™ 12 speed cassette from the Red™, Force™ or Rival™ groups
- A SRAM 12 speed eTap™ AXS™ 12 speed chain from the Red™, Force™ or Rival™ groups
- A chainring compatible with the 1×12 speed eTap™ AXS™ groups
- An XDR™ freehub.
To fit your ratchet to SRAM shifters for hydraulic brakes, see the following video***:
To fit your ratchet to SRAM shifters for cable brakes, see the following video***:
NOTE: On some older shifters, the reach adjuster will not spin freely when it bottoms out. Stop turning the reach adjuster screw as soon as you encounter resistance.
*This calculation is based upon SRPs for all components. It assumes that the purchaser already owns the SRAM shifters and derailleur required to use the kit.
**The calculation is based upon comparing Ratio/Rival™ 1 to Rival eTap™ AXS™ and Ratio/Force ™1 to Force AXS™
***Please note that modifying these components may void the original SRAM warranty. Ratio Technology Limited is in no way linked to SRAM LLC